"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Friday, January 22, 2010

A week in review

Alrighty... well, this week I ran Mon, Tues, Thurs, and tonight.. Friday. I am getting up fairly early tomorrow morning to do what I call, "work my ass off run". I am going to push and push and push until I want to fall over and die. Then I'm going to take Sunday off. It is getting harder, but that is because I am pushing harder and running further.
I bought new shoes today, shoes that are supposed to be tailored to work with my body and foot type. They are pretty ugly..but they feel good on. Maybe a bit big.. but I dunno. The shoe lady says they are okay. They are also green.. so signify my first race, the St. Patty's Day Dash! :)

So Denise and Lisa are all aboard on this venture! It seems like they are as much, if not MORE excited about becoming runners than I am. I love them. It seems that no matter what crazy venture I am working on in my life, my friends are always right by my side.. no matter what. Not that anything could stop me at this point, but on my tired days, my girl friends really push me through. Husband is also getting used to this whole situation I think. He would prefer that I run in the mornings so we can spend evenings together as a family, so I may try that two days of the week. :)

My shins still hurt, my knees are throbbing, and my ankles feel broken. I love it. :) Who would ever know that I would eventually be addicted to something healthy?!


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment