"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 2

Hola. Okay so I woke up a little bit sore this morning. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't even know if I should try to run again or if I should just walk. I will do some online research. Feeling good overall though. Ready to face the day. I guess I will give myself a goal this week. By Sunday I hope to be able to run for 5 minutes straight. ha ha. It seems too pathetic that I can't do it but it is harder than I remember. Maybe because I had a baby 10 weeks ago and I am out of practice. I will give myself some slack. :)
I was reading over my first blog again and I am afraid I need to print a retraction. I said I get "no help at all". That isn't true. My dad and step mom help out when they can but they live an hour away so they just can't come out all the time to give mama a little time to breath. That is understandable. And by help I meant no one remembers to ask me if I need a little down time to myself and we get a baby sitter for a few hours once every three months.. maybe. So there you have it. I wasn't trying to down talk my family or anything, I was just explaining part of the reason for my feelings of depression and such.


I feel happier already. Maybe it's the idea that I am doing something for myself, maybe the little bit of exercise I have had is sending endorphines to my brain. Maybe it's that I have something to look forward to. Maybe it's that two of my best friends just got engaged this weekend? :) Anway. I feel good today. I'll post more after the run/walk today. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Ok...sore is good!! If you're sore, you're working muscles you forgot you had (come on Kristina...don't forget all of your Mike Huard wisdom)!! Also, my opinion is that running is the worst thing in the entire world...so yes, cut yourself some slack, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these saturdays or Sundays you, me and some of the other girls should meet at Bradley Park and run, then do like a (easy) boot camp thing, squats, lunges etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, ha ha ha! No, I haven't forgotten Mr.Huard's weight training class. Oh man were we ever bad ass in that! I want that again!

    Patti, Seriously. Not this weekend but the following.. let's get together and kick some ass.

    p.s. Katie, when your pic is a little thumbnail, all I see is what looks like your boobs in a bikini top or something. ha ha. Don't worry though! You look fabulous!

    Thanks for reading you guys. It means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete