"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday night

Aloha. New plan. No... not a "new plan" .. an extension to the first plan, if you will. I am not losing weight fast enough, and although I said this isn't just about weight loss, and I am not focusing on the scale, I think I will be able to run longer if I lose some poundage. I am going to tweak my diet. I am going to set a weekly weight loss goal for myself and weigh myself every Friday morning. If I don't meet the goal on Friday.. I don't get to have a "cheat meal" on Saturday! :) I am going to focus on eating mainly fruits, veggies, lean protiens and whole grains, at least those are my new food guildlines. We will see how this goes. My legs have just been suffering soooo bad. I had a good run/walk with the girls on Saturday morning. We couldn't go as far as we had hoped because my legs felt broken. We probably jogged 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile non stop and there is a lot of uphill where we were. I guess it's okay. This is going to take time. I just have to remind myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment