"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Now that THAT is out of the way...

Okay.. some good news and some bad news. I went to Bradley Lake Park today for my "run". It is about a mile once around the trail and I made it twice around. Bad news is, I am in much worse shape than I thought. This may take a little bit more time than I had anticipated. My "run" was more of a walk/run. I could run at a slow pace for about 2 minutes until my chest and throat were burning so bad I felt like I was going to throw up. I would then slow her down to a speed walk. It's ok. It's the first day. Tomorrow (if I'm not too sore) I will try again. Increase a little bit. I had a HUGE salad for lunch. I did want to add a few things today too. In my introduction you may have noticed I haven't been talking about my diet very much. Well, I am breastfeeding. I still have to eat like a normal person. I have cut out all fast food, sweets, and junk food though. I am not eating past 7 or 8 at night depending on the circumstances of the evening and I am cutting my portions down. No seconds. I am also pounding down the water. I will update more later. Children in need. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment