"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And we are back, ladies and gentlemen..

Big Big things today. I finally figured out exactly how long a 5k is. It's a little over 3 miles. Then Denise and I looked up an area in Puyallup that we could run that is 5k and found a nice little route. We tried to run it. ha ha ha ha. Okay, we made it a little bit over 11 blocks jogging but speed walked the rest. I didn't expect us to be able to jog the ENTIRE 5k, but it was much further than I thought. Lisa came with us. It was a good day. Empowering and good to see we could still get back on that horse!

Here is what is exciting. I have chosen my first race. I am going to do the St.Patrick's day Dash in Seattle. From what I can tell it is a little bit over a 5k and goes up Queen Anne Hill. It is on March 14th. Today is January 19th, I think. SO that gives us almost exactly two months to be able to jog 3 3/4 miles. We obviously understand that we are not going to win the race.. but we are going to run it. Denise and I, maybe Lisa but she is so busy with the wedding, I for one don't expect it. I called my dad to tell him about it today and he seems to think I am too large to run or something. He keeps telling me to walk. I don't want to walk. Sooo that is the end of that. :)
Photobucket

I surfed the internet a little bit and found other bloggers like me, some more races and a great training schedule. The baby is waking up so I gotta 'run'. ha ha ha. I'll write more tomorrow!

Thanks again for keeping up with me... whoever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are coming right along! and from the sounds of it your endurance is improving like crazy. I'm glad you are doing something for yourself, you deserve it. And it seems like you know you deserve it too! Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete