"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hello crappy, rainy Tuesday!

Well, today I am faced with a few challenges. Number one: Rain. Should I run in the rain?! I mean it IS Washington so like 75% of the days (at least) are rainy. Maybe I should just get used to it? I certainly can't let this be an excuse to NOT run. Can't.
Number two: Unsupportive husband strikes again. Before I started my mission, I specificially asked him if he would be on my side with this and understand I have to run every night. He obliged. Now here we are in our third day of this and he is complaining. He says he didn't know I would be gone every single night. I am gone for less than an hour every single night. Is it making him mad becauses he misses me? Probably not. Probably more like he doesn't want to watch the kids. So now what? Do I just back down and give up? We can't afford gym memberships with day care so if I want to keep running, I just have to go against his wishes. Really, nothing I do has ever been good enough for him so whatever. I can't stop. I have made a promise to myself and I am going to follow through.

So I am going to run in the rain. I'll let you know how it works out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment