"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Friday, March 11, 2011

Running with Bronchitis

Yeah. Bronchitis now. I haven't been updating my blog because I have been sick with a severe case of acute bronchitis. I went to the doctor on Tuesday night where I was told to do nothing but rest. Naturally I asked her if I was compliant with this so-called "resting", if I might be able to run in my 5k that is scheduled for this coming Saturday. I took her exaggerated laughter as a no. Oh, and the fact that she said "honey, if you tried you would get worse.. and you probably wouldn't make it to the finish line."

Anyhoo, I've done this "resting". I haven't run all week. I'm still coughing and can't breath as well as I would like to...and the race is tomorrow. The rebel in me wants to prove that darned doctor wrong, but what if she is right and I do get worse and miss out on even more marathon training? I'm considering walking the measley 3 miles.

Ya know, I'm just a sucker for a finish line. What do you all think?

3 comments:

  1. You already know my opinion. You need to rest. There's a good chance you would make it, but there's also a good chance you would get worse, not be able to run for 2 months, and totally ruin your chances at training for the marathon (which you have already paid for!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you meant to say "Woooooooo"

    ReplyDelete