"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Monday, January 25, 2010

Week Three!

I can't believe I have made it to week three. I'm proud of myself. Granted, I haven't lost a HUGE amount of weight, and I can't run 10 miles straight, I still feel accomplished that I am still going and still really liking it. My knees are definetly taking a toll though. Tonight we ran ... we estimated about 1/3 of our 5k route and walked the rest. The entire time we were walking I wanted to scream from the pain but just walked it out. I'm okay now. This would be much easier if I had the kind of household where I could just lay down and put ice on my legs, ya know? Ahh well. It will be alright. We are taking the night off from running tomorrow due to plans and this week I really don't want to end up hurting again. I want to go out there Saturday morning and kick ass. I want to run that mile and then some. Eating went okay today. Too many turkey meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment