"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Expresso Bike

How in the name of the Lord baby Jesus have I never experienced the Expresso bike before now?! While wondering around the gym today, and trying to think of something to do other than run, I came across a video game/exercise equipment situation. I watched the big screen in front of me while I rode my virtual bike through beautiful cartoon fields, while smoking my animated competition. I nearly forgot I was working out for most of my time with the Expresso bike, except when I was going uphill, and when I was playing with the controls on the "bike" and realized I was increasing the resistance a ton while I was riding. That was scary, but fantastic all at the same time. Something the running community might want to look into for cross-training, no?

After my brief 20 minute jaunt on the pretend bicycle (to be honest, the seat was starting to hurt the lady parts), I couldn't help myself...and I got on the treadmill. I'm either addicted to running (obviously not addicted enough, judging by the size my butt), or subconsciously too afraid to expand my cardiovascular horizons. I only ran a mile, but it was a solid 10 minute mile and I felt awesome enough.

I ate pretty well today. I made a "healthy" baked ziti for dinner tonight. It was the bomb.com, to say the least. I haven't entered my calories into the online log yet, so in all actuality... dinner might not have been healthy at all. I used low fat cheese.....Smart Noodles.....I tried anyway.

I've lost a single pound so far. Just the one.

1 comment:

  1. So, this is Alissa, but it's only letting me post under Craig's nickname for some reason, so whatever. Anyway, those Expresso bikes are awesome. Did you create an account? I did, so that I can track all my bike rides and it sets up goals for you to accomplish and posts stuff to Facebook when you work out. It's my kind of situation.

    ReplyDelete