"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So now I know

Yep. Every training program I have come across tells you to run one day, rest the next, train one day, rest the next. Well... I was trying to be an over acheiver. I ran pretty hard two days in a row and this morning, I believe I have what you might call Shin Splints. Blah. I am going to rest today and tonight, ice them and stretch a lot. I have also read that Ibuprofen helps situations such as these. It's okay. It's a learning experience. Now I know. I just really hope they go away so I don't fall off track!

2 comments:

  1. I get shin splints a lot :( advil helps a ton! and doing stretches for the muscles under your shins, like pointing your toe and 'drawing' the alphabet w/ your foot.

    ReplyDelete