"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Monday, January 11, 2010

I think I have figured it out.. kind of

So I am sitting here over analyzing and I think I have figured something out. I have figured out a big reason why this running thing is so important to me. It's kind of symbolic. No matter what happens during my hectic days, no matter how crappy people in my life make me feel, or what mistakes I make... I can always run. I mean I can't (nor do I necessarily want to) run away from my problems but I can literally run. For one hour a day, give or take, I can just be me... running. I am alone in my thoughts. I am not hurting anyone and no one is hurting me. It's beautiful. This is becoming so much more to me than I have ever thought.

I know it sounds corny but if you know me you know. I have issues. ha ha. I might be figuring them out. It's cool.

Oh. One more thing comes to mind.
The other night I heard Paul Simon singing "Here comes the sun" a George Harrison Cover. It made me cry. I have never heard anything more touching in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment