"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Sunday, February 21, 2010

You ever have one of those days...

... The kind of day when nothing seems to go right, the clock is ticking far too quickly and it seems like nothing is being accomplished? Yeah. Well that's me. Ugh. All I wanna do is go for a nice brisk run and my husband is gone at a poker tournament, my kids are being crazy lunatics and my house is a mess. Even the baby.. the baby who never cries... has been really mad about something all day long.

Tonight the girl friends and I are planning to go get appetizers at the Melting Pot and relax, which should be fun... but I have to get out there for a run first... if it is at all possible.

I am feeling very stretched in every single direction right now. It is so hard to balance having three small kids, a husband, an entire household to manage, bills to pay, training to be had, diets to follow, friends to see, grandmas in the hospital, etc etc etc. I am extremely talented in the multi-tasking arena...but sometimes I think I might be stretched a hair too thin.

Anyhoo, I went to the Team in Training website and requested some info. I think this is exactly what I need to kick things up a notch and hold me even more accountable. I love running, I really do. I love how it makes me feel, the alone time I get, the sense of accomplishment when I am done. I do NOT love having zero time to do it.
For the upcoming week, I am going to stick to my training schedule come hell or high water. That is my promise to you, imaginary people. I will not let you down. :)

Whatever happened to lazy Sundays? I haven't had one of those in like... 6 years. Maybe next week?

1 comment:

  1. and mondays... tuesdays... lazy wednesdays?

    ReplyDelete