"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I ran.

This is quite an amazing journey, to risk sounding like a corn ball. At 7 pm I decided I didn't need to run tonight. Then Lisa called and said she amazingly ran to her son's swimming lessons (and then some) tonight. It inspired me. I got my fat butt off of the couch and went over to the ol' treadmill. I was pretty sure I was going to stop at the first mile.. I was really full from my huge dinner salad and kind of tired. I kept telling myself that I ran a lot yesterday, and didn't need to over do it. However,  after I hit that mile mark , I had to keep going..eventually I switched to a fast walk at 2.1 miles. I ran 2 miles straight. Whoa. Honestly, I'm sure I have before, but the treadmill is really the only way to make sure I can run that far. Sooooo a little over a mile more and I will be able to run...a 5k.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! That's how I was last night. When I started running, I was like "I'm already tired; I can probably only run one lap" (1/3 mile), but then I ended up running the whole mile :)

    You're doing good! Yay for treadmills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's all in your head. THe quote on the top of this page is kind of what taught me that!

    ReplyDelete