"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

 I basically have until Friday to decide if I want to join Team in Training.. a wonderful organization that trains together and does marathons to raise money for patients with blood cancers, Leukemia and Lymphoma. Seems like a no brainer, right? Of course any good person who is already running a half marathon SHOULD join a cause and raise money, right? Well okay. But you have to raise 2500! Dollars! I mean, so many people do it but what if I can't raise that much and end up putting my family in debt trying? I would love the training and group runs and obviously the cause.. but I dunno! I just really have to think about it.

I found a route I like tonight. It is two miles there and back but I can always go there and back again! I am still really struggling with my measley two miles..but when I run again on Friday and Saturday I know I will break that. I HAVE to run for 50 minutes saturday without stopping. Soooo if I am doing a 12 minute mile (embarrasing I know, but I just started!!) then that is like 5 miles! ugh. I am just going to do my very best.

So what do you guys think? Should I join Team in Training or wait until the next race they do? I kind of think maybe for my first half I shouldn't have cancer patients depending on me (well, so to speak..). On the other hand, that might just be the push I need to get to that thirteenth mile! Help!

http://www.teamintraining.org/wa/

2 comments:

  1. I think that the stress of having to raise money in addition to training for your FIRST race is way too much. (Especially for a mom of 3!) That's just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ Alissa... for your first race just focus on the run, you have so much stress in your life this could be waaaaaaay to much pressure. Get through your first race, then consider something else. My sister in law did the 3 day and had to come up w/ a butt load of money, she had car washes, garage sales and even a big dinner. And she barely had enough, oh.. and her work matched every dollar she raised. So its REALLY hard, especially since it would be hard for you to get out in the daytime to raise money w/ 3 kiddos. JMO! <3
    P.S. lets REALLY go to Orting this weekend, I will kick your butt!

    ReplyDelete