"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Monday, February 15, 2010

I ran today..

I went to the local treadmill again. Good news and bad I suppose. I haven't done anything since last tuesday so it was hard to even get my butt up.. but I did. I consider that good news. I only ran 1.5 miles, but I did increase my speed .. I did a mile in a little over 12 minutes. That is something, right? I mean.. considering the last time I ran it took me almost exactly 15 minutes. lol


Today has been a stressful day, and I know that is no excuse but I'm just happy I got out there. I will again tomorrow. My grandma broke her hip today while babysitting my 5 year old and that is weighing heavily on my mind. She is expecting to go into surgery anytime, and according to my mom, she isn't a good candidate for surgery.

I will write more tomorrow, and surely have better news! Gooooooood night.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Grandma.Hope she is going to do fine with surgery.Only 26 more days till your 5K Run. Are you going to run today? Hope so. I only did 1 1/2 miles today.Tomorrow Dad and I will do the 5 miles around the Lake. We try to get that walk in 3 times a week.Take care. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. She will be fine, I think! I should only really be running every other day, so today I walked up hill. I am pooped.

    ReplyDelete