"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Better than we expected!

Well Howdy doo dee. The girls and I took last night off due to schedule conflicts, and just because we should be taking SOME days off. Tonight we all felt a little crappy I think. I had Dominos for lunch (best sandwich ever btw) and drank a lot of coffee. Getting going in the beginning of the jog was a bit of a struggle but did we ever get our second wind?!  Yes ma'am. 2.2 miles of pure, wet, beautiful running. It was great. I was so amazed at our progress I couldn't help but sound like a cheerleader, chanting things like " Holy S***! Look how far we are going!! ".
 Okay, so we warmed up for probably 3 minutes, cooled down for probably 5... but that is necessary. We also had to stop for a train but jogged in place like a bunch of douche bags (pardon my francais) while we waited for it. I felt AMAZING tonight. We are progressing very quickly. Running almost 2 miles is one thing on a treadmill, but out on the streets...with hills and puddles and car dodging?! I am proud of us.

Things on the home front are not going as smoothly today so I am going to take a little down time this evening with a beer and some quiet time ( if the kids allow it).

I guess I will say it again. This, by far is the best decision I have ever made solely for myself. Period. Until next run!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Did you check the pulse in your neck while you were running in place? Because that completes the picture for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhh thought about it, but I don't even know how. That kind of crushed the picture for me too.

    ReplyDelete