"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Thursday, February 25, 2010

So I know this blog is about running..

BUT.. I did what you might call "hot power yoga". You see, this week Thursday is my cross training day. I thought yoga would be perfect because it releases stress, endorphines and stretches out all of my sore muscles from running. I went with Lisa, and we were both really scared. Neither of us has ever done any yoga of any sort. It was beautiful.
Okay, so the class got up to like 109 degrees and I really almost threw up twice.. but if I don't feel awesome now (two hours post class).. then I don't know what I do feel... or something.

Anyway, yes, it is challenging, no, I couldn't do all of the poses.. but I actually suprised myself. Lisa and I both kicked a little bit of ass! We kept up with everyone else for the most part. The key is to park it way in the back so no one sees how stupid you look, and so you can see how cool the rest of the people look thus attempting to mimick their movements.

I will continue to add hot yoga into my routine as much as I can. If you choose to do hot yoga yourself, I have one huge word of advice... DON'T EAT PRIOR TO IT. They recommend you don't eat for two hours before and seriously, don't. Especially don't eat frozen chicken and cheese taquitos.

If you want to know where I went and want to take andvantage of the amazing special they have right now (first 10 classes for 10 dollars) just give the link below a little click! :)

Tomorrow.. I run. I run 3 miles actually. Wish me all the luck!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment