"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Monday, March 22, 2010

The reason for the delay!

I took a week off from running. Okay, I took 8 days off. Terrible I know. I should be punched in the face. In all honestly, last week was an emotional one and I am still sick. Yes, still sick since the day before the 5k... 10 days ago. I went for a run today and my goal was just a measley 2 miles to get back into the swing of training. It went better than I thought (2.5 miles) but I did have to spit out loogies about 5 times. After the run I had some pretty painful coughing spells and my left shin is already hurting. Oy. No one said this would be easy though. I have to keep on going.

I must say that I am glad I started writing this blog. I am also glad I registered for the Rock and Roll marathon and paid all that money to do it. I might have quit all of this running without these thing holding me accountable. No. I wouldn't have. I'm unstoppable. I swear. :) 3 miles tomorrow! Hopefully I can get up to 4 by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment