"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Monday, March 8, 2010

A little scared..

So I had a great week running wise last week but this week is off to a slow start! I found a short route near my house that I feel safe running, and thought I could just keep doing laps until I got to three miles. Half a mile in my left foot started hurting really bad, my shins felt broken, and my right calve muscle kept tightening up. I finished out a mile and almost broke down into tears. What the hell?! I even took a rest day yesterday.

I figure there a few factors that may have played into this.

1. My daughter has the flu right now, I haven't been feeling great, maybe I have a little virus. Who knows?

2. The last time I ran I really pushed myself, maybe too hard?

3. It was like 20 degrees outside. I haven't run in that kind of temperature and I could definetly tell the difference. I wore capri pants. Bad. Very bad.


Anyhoo, getting out there again tomorrow! :) EEk!

No comments:

Post a Comment