"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I don't know if you know this but.....

Yesterday, I ran 3.23 miles. Without stopping to walk or anything!! :) I got lost and had no other way back to my car but to jog, so I shall try to lose myself every time! ha ha. It was a great feeling when I got home and mapped my run online. I couldn't believe I did it, but good thing.. since my 5k+ is in a week and a half! I'm not so worried about it now, at least! :)

I am taking the running night off tonight and going to hot yoga. My shins hurt pretty bad and I watched a video about marathons and this woman actually developed stress fractures on her shins from all the running. Now I am kind of scared of that!

I have heard from a lot of people lately that they "can't" run. Okay, I'm saying this. I used to think the same thing.. but unless you have some physical ailment preventing you from running (say only one foot.. or 3 knees.. etc) you can. I am not super human. I am overweight, have a long history of smoking, a heart condition and formerly suffered from asthma. Don't say you "can't". Say you don't want to. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to run just say it. :)

I am learning more and more each day that it is totally mind over matter and no one can convince me otherwise.


How is that for an uplifting post? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment