"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's just have a visit..

Is anyone reading this anymore? Are my running stories getting boring? Well, let me just say this. The actual running? Not so boring.

I have a quad muscle. I am still a bit of a chunker, but I have a large muscle sticking out of my thigh now. That may explain why my pants are a little bit loser around the waist and butt, but not so much the legs.

I ran 3.5 miles today with Lisa. I am really liking the foothills trail in Puyallup. Not only is it beautiful and scenic, but I also run much faster on it as I am deathly afraid of wildlife ( hell, I'm afraid of house cats) and I assume something is in the bushes watching me. Today, in fact, a duck the size of my running shoe ran across the road and I think I peed a little. I'm just saying though, good trail.

So I am in the very beginning of writing an article for a new magazine about this little journey of mine. I am so excited but a little bit stressed. Even though I have no article experience, nor do I have anymore than a year of college under my belt, the nice woman from the magazine wants to "give me a shot". Bless her. I am supposed to be thinking of a good topic for my article and obviously all I know about is self improvement through pain. I am not sure how to translate that into something that might inspire. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. hi! i just found your blog through Julie Powell's blog. I think it's awesome that you are training for a marathon. I just started a blog about running (trying to run a 10 mile race next year) and cooking (picked a cookbook to go all the way through).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I just saw this! Thanks for the comment. I do most of my blogging straight to the Seattle P.I. Run blog these days.. but it is rough! And so interesting. Who knew there was a whole underground world out there of insane people who run! thanks for reading!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete