"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Monday, April 12, 2010

If you can't run it... volunteer!

Yep. I am not ready for any marathoning, obviously. I did, however get a spam email from the Tacoma City Marathon asking for volunteers! PERFECT! I guess I will be working at an aid station and I can get a better idea of the hell I am about to endure...by watching other people! This could be bad. It could scare me to death - OR it could inspire me. No way of knowing. I get a free jacket, and in the end, that is all that really matters.

Anyone else wanna volunteer? Better yet, does anyone else want to start RUNNING with me? As my mileage increases, my trail options are getting pretty limited. I would much rather run with a group than alone down the Orting trail. Who knows if there will be a shady bear or rapist waiting to lock me in a dark basement somewhere. If I were a shady bear or rapist, I would definetly hide in the bushes on parts of that trail. I'm just saying. I would like run in a pack. It would probably decrease my odds of being snatched up. Does that make sense? Cool. Now go get some running shoes.

Too much coffee this morning? That is what I was thinking too....

No comments:

Post a Comment