"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton

Friday, April 9, 2010

And the training continues...

I guess I am just running out of stuff to say. I'm in the middle of my half marathon training, and by the end of the day.. I just want to lay in bed and congratulate myself. Is that weird?

Yesterday I actually coaxed not one, but 4 friends to go running with me. We even got good old Denise out there again. They were all amazing. I hope they stick with it and I really hope I can get a bigger running group together come (gulp) November. I guess I am still planning to do this Seattle Marathon. The thought of it scares me to death, but that is what makes it all so fun.

Andy is finally totally on board with me these days. Probably because I have lost 47 lbs now since I had the baby 5 months ago (but who is bragging?). He sees that I am sticking to something and I think he feels proud. I hope.

Anyone who feels like really challenging themselves, or lives in this area and wants a running buddy, you know where to find me! :)

Happy Running! And don't forget to check out my blog on Seattle P.I. Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment